Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This is a various artist lp that is just one of those weird record store finds. The subtitle states "Country & Western fer all ye sinners and sufferers 1955-1966". What sold me on buying this album was the song titles. "Please Don't Go Topless Mother" and "Rock and Roll Killed My Mother" leapt out and informed me that I would indeed be buying this sight unheard. It doesn't have anything to grasp unto besides the theme of the record. The artists are unknown to me, and I can't even find a record label on it. To be frank I was worried that I would not be able to find a picture of the cover on the internet but I was lucky enough to find the catalog number on the spine. Fittingly enough it was CW-5icko. Did you read that correctly? Country and Western Sicko. Cute. If you happen to get a wild hair and want to find this I will give you a fair warning. There is not one bit of rock and roll cut into this. It's not a rockabilly record. It's not an americana record. This record has both kinds of music: country and western(thank you blues brothers and rip Donald "Duck" Dunn). We are talking steel guitars and the whole shebang. I am pretty sure these were songs found that preached the evils of rock and roll and was compiled by some genius.

1 comment: