Sunday, May 20, 2012

I have a gripe pointed toward Bob Dylan and Neil Young in the current vinyl age. They are bilking vinyl lovers. If you don't want people to buy vinyl then just don't press vinyl of your releases. But putting out 10 song albums and charging 30 bucks for the vinyl is ridiculous. But the fact is that a large part of their audience is the baby boomer age and they believe that they can get away with doing this because they put in a CD of the album in it as well. Well the simple fact is that you are paying for the CD and the record at that price so it damn well better be in there. I get it. There are people that will never be able to survive with having all the of the early dylan albums on vinyl then having this one bastard stepchild of an album on the ever not so cool CD. But there are other people out there that got into records the way that I got into records. They were cheap and fun. You are ruining this aspect for me. You are going to make me a cd collector at this point. So why do I have this album on vinyl? Simple. My wife wanted a song for our wedding and I got a discount. As for the actual album itself. It's.....ok. I don't know if this will really turn on a new generation to dylan or anything. It's just an extension of what dylan has been doing since the newport folk festival: whatever he wants. Don't believe me? Go see him live right now. It's no nostalgia act as anyone who has seen him in the last ten years can affirm. It's just what dylan decided he wanted to do for this record. Apparently he was really into accordion on this record. That's something I can get into. It's like a tex mex dylan record. If Bob Dylan was playing at a mexican restaurant it might be this album. I might buy these releases to just put some karma out there to reprint time out of mind on vinyl. That needs to happen. It's a great album and the demand is out there. Get on it people with the power to do so. Mostly I support the IDEA of dylan I think. I just like that he's out there with his crazy little moustache and country band pissing people off. Pissing his own fans off. Do you think his hardcore fans were waiting with breathless anticipation for his accordion crossover record? Hell No. He's being more punk rock than most punk rock bands. I can think of alot of punk rock bands that broke no molds and played it safe. I don't even think Dylan understands the concept of being able to play it safe. He just does whatever his crazy little head spits out. Punk rock bands could learn alot from Dylan.

No comments:

Post a Comment